Bilaspur is the second largest city in the Bilaspur District, situated in the Indian state of Chhattisgarh. It is believed that Bilaspur had been a colony of a few fishermens huts in the 17th century and has thus been named after a fisherwoman called "Bilasa." The city experiences hot dry summer and mild winters with medium rains during the monsoon. The city is located on the banks of the Arpa River. It is a rain-fed river that originates from the Maikal Range in central India. This region rich in dolomite and is surrounded by the coal mines of the Hasdeo valley as well as verdant green forests. It serves as the headquarters of South Eastern Coalfields Limited. The Arpa river passes through the center of the city and there are many river view areas built in the area for recreational purposes. The city is known for its unique aromatic rice variety called Doobraj rice and its intricate handloom weaved colorful soft Kosa silk saris. These drive the economy of the state along with the mining industry. Bilaspur connects tourists to a plethora of interesting tourist spots such as Amarkantak, Achanakmar Wildlife Sanctuary and Tiger Reserve, Malhar, Ratanpur and quite a few dams in the vicinity.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.