Bikaner is a historical city, located in the northwest part of the Indian state of Rajasthan. The city of Bikaner serves as the administrative headquarters of both the Bikaner District and the Bikaner division. The city, located beside the Thar Desert, was originally a barren wilderness called Jangladesh, which was turned into a city in 1488 by Rao Bika of the Rathore clan. From such a wild fallow land, the city has gone through rounds of transition to develop into the fourth largest city in Rajasthan. The Indira Gandhi Canal and the Ganges Canal, completed in 1928 and 1987 respectively, facilitated this development. Bikaner celebrates its foundation on two days (Chhoti Akha Teej and Badi Akha Teej) during Akshaya Tritiya, by flying kites all day and relishing special Rajasthani food. Bikaner is most famous all over the world for its savory snacks known as Bhujia. Other salty snacks, known as namkeens, such as spicy papad, samosa and kachori are a specialty of Bikaner that are sold all over the country. The city is known for its forts that exhibit splendid architecture. The Junagarh Fort has now become a museum that shows the visitors the grand lifestyle of the past Maharanas of Rajasthan. The Laxmi Niwas Palace was earlier a residential palace has now been turned into a luxury hotel. There are many other temples and forts in the area that attract tourists.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.