The city of Bidar is also known as The Crown of Karnataka. Located atop a small hill in the north-eastern regions of Karnataka, this city borders Maharashtra and Telangana state. It is a rapidly urbanizing city, well known for its architectural, historical and religious importance. The 500 years old Bidar fort still stands strongly, picturesquely perched on the Deccan plateau. There are more than 30 tombs spread across Bidar city, which has earned it the nickname of the "City of Whispering Monuments." Several heritage sites in and around this city have become a dominant attraction for film shooting recently. Bidar hosts the second biggest Indian Air Force training center in India. The IAF Station at Bidar gives advanced jet training to prospective fighter pilots. Bidar is known for its cottage industries like cotton and oil-ginning mills, that work on local raw materials and employ local skills. Bidri ware, a well-known form of local handicraft, was once highly popular in this region but is gradually declining. The city is famous for its large industrial area, known as the Kolhar industrial area, which houses several successful pharma companies such as Sai Life Sciences, vivimed, corvine pharma, shreegen pharma, shreevan chemicals, santho carrels pharma, etc. Bidar is known for its highly successful tourism industry that single-handedly fuels a majority of the citys economy.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.