Bhubaneswar is the capital of the eastern Indian state of Odisha. The city is located in the Khordha district of Odisha, and it is the largest city in the state. It lies on the eastern coastal plains near the Eastern Ghats. The topography of the city is split into the western uplands and the eastern lowlands. There are hillocks in the northern and the western parts of Bhubaneswar. The city falls under the jurisdiction of the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation area. There are 173 revenue villages and two other municipalities within this boundary. The city is shaped like a dumbbell. The city can be distinctly categorized into the old town and the new planned city. The old town is primarily characterized by temples and hence often referred to as the Temple town by the locals. Some of the famous temples here include the Lingaraj Temple, the Rajarani Temple and the Kukteshwara Temple. The newer planned city was conceptualized and designed in 1948 to house the state capital. It is a modern city with schools, colleges, universities, shopping centers, hospitals and recreational facilities. This fast-growing city is an important trading and commercial center in Odisha as well as in eastern India. Its a great place for business and is rapidly transitioning into an IT hub. Tourism considerably contributes to the economy of the city as it is very near to the coveted sea-side destination as well as a pilgrimage - Puri. Other popular places of tourist attraction near Bhubaneswar is the Konark Sun Temple, Dhauligiri, Nandan Kanan Zoo, etc.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.