Bhiwani, a city and a municipal council, is located in the Bhiwani district of the Indian state of Haryana. It is a seat of spiritual learning and the center of regional politics. Bhiwani was known as the Gate of Rajputana before the independence. The city had 12 mighty gates in the 14th century, constructed by Thakur Neem Singh. Bhiwani is known for its conventional school of boxing. Many members of the Indian Boxing Squad are from Bhiwani. Some believe that Bhiwani got its name from Goddess Gauri Bhawani, yet another belief prevails that the name is derived from a Rajput Queen by the name of Bhani. The town has been a prominent center of commerce since the Mughal era. The town is also known for its numerous temples which earns it the name of "The Kashi of Haryana." Bhiwani is known for its textile industry and it houses the Grasim Textile Mills. The Technological Institute of Textile & Sciences at Bhiwani is Indias top textile research institute that was established by the Birla Group. There are also a few other colleges offering courses in technology, nursing and general disciplines.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.