Bhind is a city as well as a district in the Chambal division of Madhya Pradesh. The city functions as the headquarters of the district. The city is surrounded by uneven ravines, scanty forests and plain fertile fields. The soil of the area is very fertile as it is drained by five rivers and an extensive canal system. The Chambal, Kali Sind, Kwari, Pahuj and Baisali rivers. The city and the district has been named after Vibhandak Rishi, a mythological Hindu saint, who was also called Bhindi Rishi. Bhind has a lot of mythological significance. Apart from many Jain temples, Bhind is also known for a few tourist spots. National Chambal (Gharial) Wildlife Sanctuary lies in the vicinity of the city and attracts a lot of tourists. The Gohad Fort, the Sun Temple near Mihona Tehsil, the Ancient Dandraua Temple and numerous other Hindu temples in the area are worth visiting. The industrial belt in the vicinity of this town hosts many industries such as modern automobiles, bicycles, electronics, pharmaceuticals, soaps, detergents and food and dairy products
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.