Bhimavaram is situated in the West Godavari district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The administrative headquarter of the Bhimavaram Mandal in the Narasapuram revenue division is situated at Bhimavaram. The city has around 1.5 lakh residents who speak in Telugu. Bhimavaram was under the reign of the Chola dynasty, proven by many stone inscriptions found in the town from this era. The name Bhimavaram literally translates to "the gift of Bhima". Legend says that a king named Chalukya Bheema had built a Siva temple in the 1st century which led to the foundation of this town. It was earlier called "Bhimapuram", which gradually changed to "Bhimavaram." This town is in the epicenter of the fertile Godavari delta region, which makes it a principal trade center of paddy. Agriculture-based businesses thrive in the area. Food processing, aquaculture, rice mills, etc., are the main sources of economic growth of the town. Bhimavaram is the regional center for higher education as well as specialized health services. Bhimavaram is recognized for the Gunupudi Someswara temple. Built during the 3rd century AD, this temple is one of the five holy Pancharamas. The Shiva lingam idol in this temple is known for changing its color. As per the lunar calendar, it turns black during the new moon and white during the full moon. It is a place of major tourist attraction.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.