Bhilwara, a town in the Mewar region of the Indian state of Rajasthan, is the 7th largest city in the state. The city has several seasonal rivers like Kothari, Menali, Bedach, Banas, Khari and Mansi meandering through it. The city depends upon its ponds and dams for irrigation. The major industry in Bhilwara is textiles. There are more than 850 textile manufacturing units that specialize in the synthetic fabric used in trousers. Bhilwara is also the one and only center in India that produces insulation bricks. The city has around 33 units for it. Bhilwara also has a thriving mining industry in which large-scale mining is done for sandstone, soapstone, feldspar, quartz, China clay, mica, etc. The city has recently caught the attention of the iron ore industries as it has enormous deposits of low-grade iron. A huge plant for iron ore mining and beneficiation has been set up at Bhilwara recently, which has made this city a magnet for all the major steel companies of India and has simultaneously made Rajasthan an important name for the steel industries of the country.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.