Bhilai, popularly known as the ?Steel City of India," is situated in the Indian state of Chhattisgarh. It is also the administrative capital of Durg district, divided into 68 administrative wards for better governance. The city has been named after the Bhil tribe which inhabited this region. The city is famous for the Bhilai Steel Plant, which is one of the oldest bedrocks of Indias economy. It was the first Indian Steel plant that produced steel rails. The chemical industry is also quite flourishing in Bhilai. The economy of the city is mainly based on the steel manufacturing plant built here. The city houses many educational institutions and universities like Christian College of Engineering & Technology, CSVTU Bhilai, R.S.R Rungta College of Engineering and Technology, Shri Shankaracharya College of Nursing, Rungta College of Dental Sciences and Research, etc. A few interesting places to visit in the vicinity of Bhilai include the Ganga Maiya Temple, Civic Centre, Tandhula Dam, Maitri Bag, Dhamadha River, Siya Devi temple, Bambleshwari Temple, Deobaldo, Narpura temple, etc.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.