The Indian city of Bhavnagar is situated in the western state of Gujarat. It is often called ?Bhavena? by the residents. The city serves as the administrative headquarters of Bhavnagar District which was established by and named after Bhavsinhji Gohil. Bhavnagar city was the former capital of the Bhavnagar princely state, which was later merged into India in 1948. The city is a gateway to the Saurashtra region of Gujarat. It has some of the holiest temples of the Jain religion. The economy of this city is primarily industrial in nature. There are a large number of medium and small-scale industries based in the city. Diamond cutting and polishing units, plastics, salt and marine chemicals, shipbuilding and ship-breaking industries are widely popular in the Bhavnagar area. Besides the industrial units, the citys economy also benefits from agriculture. Groundnut, onion, cotton, bajra, guavas and pomegranate and mango are cultivated and traded. The city is known for its version of the traditional Gujarati snack Ganthiya. There are many government-run as well as private educational institutions in this city. Moreover, Bhavnagar attracts quite a lot of religious pilgrims since it is close to the Palitana Jain Temples. Other places like Blackbuck National Park, Takhteshwar Temple, Khodiyar Mandir, Victoria Park, Nilambag Palace Hotel, etc. also attract many tourists.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.