Bharatpur is a city as well as a municipal corporation in the Braj region in the Indian state of Rajasthan. Bharatpur is located 180 kilometers away from Delhi and it is a part of the National Capital Region. The Bharatpur Municipal Corporation is divided into 50 wards for civic governance. Bharatpur also functions as the administrative headquarters of the Bharatpur District and the Bharatpur Division of Rajasthan. The city is also known as the "Eastern Gateway to Rajasthan" and also by the name of "Lohagarh" at times. It is famous for Keoladeo National Park which is UNESCOs World Heritage Site. The Lohagarh Fort in Bharatpur is a major spot of tourist attraction. Bharatpur attracts a large number of national as well as international tourists every year. The region hosts communities like the Jats, Ahirs, Yadavs, Brahmins, Rajputs, Vaishyas and Gujjars. The city is rich in its culture and heritage. It hosts several reputed educational institutions such as the Government Engineering College, Chandravati Group of Institutions, etc. The economy of Bharatpur is largely dependent upon agriculture and agricultural products. The main crops that are grown in Bharatpur are wheat, mustard, cotton, potatoes and red chilies. There are over 60 oil mills in the city mainly because of the mass production of mustard in the surrounding areas. Stone quarrying is also practiced in a few areas.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.