Berhampur is a city near the eastern coastline of the Indian state of Odisha. It is located in the Ganjam district. This east Indian city is also known as Brahmapur. The city has around 4 lakh residents who mostly follow Hinduism. Although Odia is the commonly spoken language in this city, about 40% of the population speak in Telugu owing to the city being located near the state border between Odisha and Andhra Pradesh. The people of Berhampur are quite fond of theatre arts. The notable educational institutions in this city are the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Bhanja Bihar Campus of Berhampur University, Khallikote University, Lingaraj Law College, etc. The city experiences torrid summers and mild winters with heavy rainfall during the monsoon. The city is known for its innumerable temples.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.