The city of Bellary in the Indian state of Karnataka is also known as the corporation city. It has several other names such as Kuntala Desha, Sindavadi-Nadu and Nolambavadi-Nadu. It is a very well-known mining town. Various dynasties like the Chalukyas, the Vijanagara Empire, the Marathas, the Nizams, the Sultans, etc. have ruled over this city for years. Bellary is divided into 35 wards in order to ensure effective governance and administration, which is managed by elected representatives. The main source of the citys economy is from the industries like mining and agriculture. The city houses various industries like steel, textiles, garments and rice mills. Bellary attracts tourists in between October and December from India and abroad. The city is known for its majestic forts, serene hills, verdant parks, gardens and green spaces. Popular tourist spots in Bellary include the Bellari fort, The Ballari and Kumbara Rock Hills, Bellary Zoo, Kuntegadda Park, Kaategudda Park, Nagaruru Narayanarao Park, etc. The city has a multi-lingual community. While Kannada is the official language, Telugu is the most widely used language in this city. Moreover, Dakhini and Hindi are also spoken by many. There are several minority speakers of Gujarati, Rajasthani, Punjabi, Urdu, Tamil, Malayalam, Marathi, Marwari, Nepali, Odia, Bihari, and Manipuri.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.