Bareilly is a metro city in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It is located in Rohilkhand on the banks of the Ramganga. It is around 250 kilometers away from the state capital Lucknow as well as from the country capital Delhi. It is one of the few largest metropolia in the state which is being developed into a smart city. According to the Hindu epic Mahabharata, Bareilly was earlier known as Panchala and is believed to be the birthplace of Draupadi, who was also called Panchali. Bareilly is also known by the name Nath Nagri for the seven Shiva temples located in the region, namely - Dhopeshwar Nath, Madhi Nath, Tapeshwar Nath, Bankhandi Nath, Alakha Nath, Pashupati Nath and Trivati Nath. Apart from these Hindu temples, the city also has quite a few mosques. The economy of this city is fuelled by furniture manufacturing. Cultivation and trade of cotton, cereal and sugar also adds to the economic growth of Bareilly. The city is also known as Bans-Bareilly, named after two princes: Bansaldev and Baraldev, who had founded the city in 1537. Hindi and Urdu are the commonly spoken languages in the city, but some residents also speak in Punjabi and Kumaoni.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.