A city as well as a municipal board in the district of the same name, Bahraich is located in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It lies beside the Saryu River, which is a tributary of River Ghaghra. Bahraich shares an international border with the neighboring country, Nepal. According to the socio-economic and basic amenities indicators, the Government of India has declared that Bahraich is one of the most minority-concentrated areas in India. Bahraich has a vast forest cover. Trees like Shisham, Dhak, Mahua, Babul, Ashok, Khajur, Mango, Neem, Peepal and Gular are grown here. Several varieties of mangoes, especially the Dasheri mangoes, are grown here. The main crops cultivated at Bahraich are wheat, paddy, sugarcane, mustard and various vegetables. Apart from this, many medicinal and herbal plants like Tulsi, Peppermint are also grown in Bahraich. Hence, the city has an agricultural economy. The area is a growing district in the direction of education as many institutions have been set up in Bahraich like Sanjeevani Institute of Technology and Management, Lord Buddha Degree College, Rupaidiha, Mithilesh Nandini Reshama Arif Mahavidyalaya and several other Islamic education institutes. Awadhi and Urdu are the most commonly used language by the people of Bahraich.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.