Bagaha is a small city located in the Pashchim Champaran district of Bihar. It is a city and a municipality and functions as a subdivision of the Pashchim Champaran district. Bagaha is situated around 64 kilometers north-west of Bettiah and around 294 kilometers away from the state capital Patna. The Gandak River flows through this city, gifting it with fertile soil suitable for cultivation. Bagaha also houses the Valmiki Tiger Reserve. Bagaha has more than 1 lakh residents who mostly speak in Hindi, Bhojpuri and Urdu. The economy of the region is chiefly agrarian and the resident farmers are engaged in the cultivation of paddy, sugarcane and cane reeds.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.