The city of Arrah, situated in the Indian state of Bihar, is also a municipal corporation and the district headquarter of the Bhojpur district. The city has derived its name from the famous temple of Goddess Aaranya. Arrah lies near the confluence of the Ganges and Sone rivers. The name of the city is often transliterated as Ara. The economy of the city relies on farming and cultivation. The rich and fertile soil facilitates the cultivation of rice and wheat. Apart from these chief crops, other crops such as sugarcane, guava, mango, tomato and potato considerably contribute to the citys agrarian economy. Apart from the agro-based industries, the city also has an LPG Bottling Plant and it provides much space and scope for the development of other industries. The service sector in Arrah is also quite thriving and provides employment opportunity to many residents in construction work, automobile services as well as in the hospitality and commercial sectors. The city is a hub of appeal for Jainism as it has several old temples and hermitages. Other popular places of tourist attraction include the Sun Temple at Dev, Aranya Devi Temple, Veer Kunwar Singh Kila, Shahi Masjid, Karbala the Mosque, Chaturvuj Narayan Mandir, Mahamaya Mandir, Bhavani Mandir, Parswanath Mandir, Mahathin Mai Mandir, etc.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.