Anand is the administrative center of the eponymous district in the Indian state of Gujarat. It is situated in the Charotar region which consists of the Anand and Kheda Districts. This city is popularly known as the Milk Capital of India as it was the seat of the milk revolution started by Verghese Kurien who established the first plant of AMUL at Anand in 1946. The Head Office of Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd is located in Anand. There are many other reputed organizations based in this area such as NDDB of India, Vidya Dairy, the Institute of Rural Management Anand and the Anand Agricultural University. Vallabh Vidhyanagar, an educational suburb of Anand, is home to thousands of students from all over India. The vibrant economy of the Anand ranges from farming to large-scale industries. Major crops that are grown in the area are tobacco and banana. Dairy farming is the leading source of economy in Anand. Vitthal Udhyog Nagar, a huge industrial belt located on the outskirts of Anand, has many famous industries such as Elecon Engineering, Vulcan Industrial Engineering Co. Ltd, The Charotar Iron Factory, Milcent and Atlanta Electrics and Warm Steam, etc. Three thriving vegetable markets have developed in this city. Anand houses around 3 lakh residents who speak mainly in Gujarati and also in Hindi.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.