Amroha is located in the north-western region of the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. The city has developed near the banks of the Sot River. It functions as the administrative headquarters of the Amroha district. The name of the city emerged from the Sanskrit word Amr which refers to Mango and Vanam which means forest. True to its name, Amroha is famed for its production of mangoes. The city houses industries such as cotton & textiles. There are many small-scale production units of cotton cloth, pottery, hand-loom weaving, carpet manufacturing, wood handicrafts, sugar milling and manufacturing of dholak. Amroha is well connected to the rest of the country through Railways and Road. It has 2 lakh residents who speak in Hindi and Urdu.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.