Amaravati is the defacto or Peoples capital of Andhra Pradesh with a vision of increasing the overall prominence of the state, especially after the split from Telangana State. The authority entrusted with the development of Amaravati into one of the prominent capital state in the entire country is the Capital Region Development Authority (CRDA). The CRDA is responsible for bringing cutting-edge technology and high-end infrastructure to the city. A striking feature of the city is the Land Pooling Scheme adopted by the government. The Land Pooling Scheme is one of the most successful techniques for achieving development in infrastructure and better technological advancements. The Bricks Initiative started by the Government of Andhra Pradesh is an initiative to indulge common people of Andhra in the development process of the state. The city of Amaravati is built on the banks of the Krishna River and it is geographically located in the Guntur District. The city of Amaravati gets its name from the Amaravathi Kings who ruled ancient Amaravati 2200 years ago. Multiple empires have ruled Amaravati in the medieval period, the Mauryas, the Delhi Sultanate, the Telugu Cholas, Kakatiyas, the Empire of Golconda to name a few. France claimed it in the year 1750 and captured by England in 1759. The residents of Amaravati are predominantly Telugus with a minority of Hindi and Kannada speaking population spread across the city.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.