The city of Alwar in the Indian state of Rajasthan is located within Indias National Capital Region. It functions as the administrative headquarters of the eponymous district in Rajasthan. It was formerly known as Ulwar. The city is a hub of tourism as it has several forts, lakes, heritage havelis as well as nature reserves in and around the city. Alwar houses Rajasthans very first private engineering college called the Institute of Engineering and Technology. The city is fairly rich in minerals. Traces of marble, granite, feldspar, dolomite, quartz, limestone, soapstone, barites, copper clay, copper ore and pyrophyllite are found in and around the city. Tourism fuels the economy of Alwar as the city is home to exotic locations of tourist interest. The Bhangarh Fort and the Sariska Tiger Reserve are major tourist attractions. Fairy Queen, Bala Qila, City Palace, Moosi Maharani ki Chhatri, Ashokas Buddhist stupa, Hill Fort Kesroli, etc are other dynamic places that attract tourists to Alwar.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.