The largest and the capital city of the Indian state of Mizoram is Aizawl. It is the states center of administration and houses all the important government offices such as the civil secretariat and the state assembly house. The population of Aizawl is around 3 lakhs and it strongly reflects the various communities of the ethnic Mizo people. 93% of the population is Christian. The city is located in between the Tlawng river valley and the Tuirial river valley. It has a mild sub-tropical climate but also experiences heavy rainfall. The economy of Aizawl is primarily sustained by government services. The major banks are located within Aizawl, employing many residents. The tourism industry is a flourishing trade in the scenic city of Aizwal, which has many hotels that further boost the citys economy. The city is moderately connected to the neighboring areas and the government is working on improving the connectivity. The various places of tourist interest in and around Aizwal are Solomons Temple, Baktawng Village, Durtlang Hills, Bara Bazar, Mizoram State Museum, etc.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.