Ahmednagar is a city in the eponymous district in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Ahmednagar has been named after its founder Ahmad Nizam Shah I, who had founded the town in 1494 and established the Nizam Shahi Dynasty. The city still contains innumerable buildings from the Nizam Shahi period. The Ahmednagar Fort, which was famous in the British era as an impregnable building in which the imperial colonizers had housed Indian Nationalists like Jawaharlal Nehru before Indian independence, still stands proudly in the city as a museum. Pandit Nehru had written the famous book "The Discovery of India" during his confinement in this fort. The region is known for its sugar cultivation but often lapses into drought due to the lack of rainfall. The city serves as a strong military base as it houses the Indian Armoured Corps Centre & School, the Mechanised Infantry Regimental Centre, the Vehicle Research and Development Establishment and the Controllerate of Quality Assurance Vehicles. This historic city has many great places worth visiting. Chand Bibi Palace, Cavalry Tank Museum, Rehekuri Blackbuck Sanctuary, Ahmednagar Fort and Meherabad are few of the places in this area that attract tourists.
On 31st October 1904, The Kumbakonam Bank Limited as it was then called was incorporated as a limited company. The first MOA was signed by 20 devoted and prominent citizens of Kumbakonam including T.S.Raghavachariar, Sarvashri R. Santhanam Iyer, S.Krishna Iyer, and V.Krishnaswami Iyengar. The First Agent of the Bank was T.S.Raghavachariar. He was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer, who was designated as Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which states that "now onwards the secretary will be the in charge of the Banks Management in place of an agent." Shri S. Mahalinga Iyer succeeded him as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time MD of the Kumbakonam bank as per the amendment of Articles in 1929. From 1926 to 1929, he held the position of Secretary and that of MD from 1929 to 1963. in the beginning. The bank preferred the role of a regional rural bank and slowly built an office in the Delta District, Thanjavur. On 24th January 1930, the first branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi. After that, branches were opened at several places within a span of 25 years. On November 14, the bank celebrated its golden jubilee at Kumbakonam.