The city of Kadapa was earlier known as Cuddapah. Situated in the Rayalaseema region of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh, Kadapa is often referred to as the "Heart of Rayalaseema." Located near the Pedda River, Kadapa functions as the district headquarters of Kadapa district. The Nallamala and Palkonda Hills surround the city. Kadapa is known for its black and red ferrous soils. The city has been ruled by various dynasties such as the Nizams, the Cholas, the Vijayanagara Empire and even the Kingdom of Mysore. Kadapa is also known for its delectable cuisine belonging to the Rayalaseema food culture. The economy of Kadapa is largely fuelled by agriculture and mining. The residents of this region are mostly employed in Government jobs and Private sector jobs. Quite a few residents are involved in businesses and the hospitality industry. The area is known for its educational institutions such as Hyderabad Public School, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, KSRM College of Engineering, Yogi Vemana University, etc. The city is well connected to all nearby cities through roads and railways. It also houses an airport,
The Central Bank of India was found on 21st December 1911. Its head office is in Mumbai. The stocks of the bank are listed on Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange in India. In 1938, the Barclays bank acquired the Central Bank Exchange of India. In 1963, Central Bank of Indias operations in Burma was nationalized by the government of Burma, and it became Peoples Bank No. 1. In 1969, the Central Bank was nationalized by the Indian Government on 19 July, together with 13 others.In the year 1980, Central Bank of India was one of the first banks in India to issue credit cards in collaboration with MasterCard. For the year ended 2013, Central Bank of India announces that the total business of Rs. 402000 Cr and the net profit of Rs. 1015 Cr. A new CMD, Mr. Rajiv Rishi was appointed by the Central Bank of India on 1 August 2013, who was previously ED of Indian Bank and General Manager of OBC. On 1 November 2013, the bank opened its second representative office in Hong Kong.