How Can You Verify Aadhaar & PAN?
You can verify your Aadhar and PAN at the official UAN website. Follow these steps to complete the verification.
- Visit the official website of UAN (Unified Member Portal).
- You’ll be required to provide your UAN Username and Password in the next step.
- After providing the ID and password, enter the Captcha.
- Click on the ‘Sign In’ link.
- After your credentials have been verified, you’ll be redirected to your profile, UAN Card details and Account Settings section.
- Under the Member Profile Section, you will be able to see the section on PAN and Aadhar.
- If your PAN and Aadhar aren’t verified, then the Aadhar and PAN will be highlighted with Red colour (which means that the text is unverified).
- Beside the highlighted text, there’s a link to verify the Aadhar and PAN.
Verify Your Aadhar Number
- For verifying your Aadhar Number, you should click on the ‘Verify’ link alongside the Aadhar Section.
- The system will verify your Aadhar Details from the UIDAI database now.
- After successful verification, the UIDAI authentication status will be updated to ‘Verified with UIDAI.’
- If there’s a mismatch in the name, DOB, gender or any other details, the page will display a warning message. You can go back and correct them if there are any discrepancies.
- For verifying PAN, click on the ‘Verify’ button alongside ‘Unverified Text’ in the PAN Section.
- After this, the system will verify your PAN number with the Income-tax database.
- After successful verification, a dialogue box will display ‘PAN Verification Successful.’
- In the next step, the status of PAN will change from ‘Unverified’ to ‘Verified.’
Online KYC Status Verification
KYC refers to Know Your Customer. This is the process adopted by companies, organizations and government agencies to acquire information about the customers or the registered users.
How to Check the Status of Online Verification of KYC
- For checking the verification status of KYC online, you’ll be required to log in to the UAN Portal and navigate to ‘Manage’.
- Under ‘Manage’, select ‘KYC.’
- In the KYC Section, you’ll find information linked with KYC.
- In the same section, you you’ll find a section for KYC pending for approval and another for digitally approved KYC.
- The final column under the ‘Digitally Approved KYC’ section is ‘Online Verification Status.’
- After you have completed the verification process, the PAN and Aadhar status will appear as ‘Verified.’
- You must get the following documents approved from respective authorities for supporting your KYC details:
- Bank Details
What Can You Do If Any Information is Missing?
- If you think that any information linked with your PAN/Aadhar is missing, you can add the same using the ‘Add KYC’ Section. After adding the missing details, you can click on the ‘Save’ link.
- After saving all the modifications, you’ll have to wait for your employer to approve the KYC details that you have provided.
- After getting the approval from your employer, all the details will appear in the ‘Digitally Approved KYC’ section.
Linking your PAN and Aadhaar details with your UAN account is very important since it helps you in claiming tax deductions and could help in keeping the details linked with your EPF account streamlined.