Hey, it’s the month of May! Mother’s Day is on its way. Are you wondering what you should gift your Mom? Are you looking for gift ideas that are unique yet don’t pinch your pocket too hard? Well, you’ve come to the right place! Read on.
None of us can deny the fact that mothers are special. Most of us cannot possibly imagine a life without our mothers! Not only do mothers provide life to a child, but they also become a pillar of support at each step as the child grows. So, as a son or a daughter, whatever we do for our mothers can never be enough to thank her. Well, we don’t need any particular occasion to gift something to our mothers; but if there are some dedicated days, then why not take advantage of those to make her feel adored? Mother’s Day is one of the occasions when you can plan a magnificent gift for your mother, and we have a comprehensive list of top 10 Mother’s Day gift ideas to suit different budgets.
- Start a mutual fund SIP for your Mom: If your mother is always concerned about savings and hates the idea of wasting money on gifts, then start a mutual fund SIP for her. Try to invest for long-term as that can generate more profit. There are various types of mutual funds to invest: equity funds, debt funds, government bonds, and many others. It is always recommended to do in-depth research before investing. So, what are you waiting for? Start searching now, find the right plan and give this unique Mother’s Day gift to your beloved Mom. Adding to your Mom’s savings shows how much you care about her future. Moreover, whether you want to spend Rs. 2,000 or Rs. 10,000 – this gift fits every budget.
- Buy health insurance for your mother: This Mother’s Day, let your Mom know that her life is precious. Secure her life with a health insurance plan if she doesn’t have one. Compare the benefits and prices of policies from different insurers on neutral websites and then purchase one that suits your needs. If your mother already has a health insurance policy, then consider raising the sum assured or add some Add-on Riders to the existing policy. Your mother could hugely benefit from this tiny gesture. It’ll truly be a unique Mother’s Day gift.
- Buy gold jewelry/coin: Does your mother like jewelry? Which Indian woman doesn’t? Well, some might not, but most do. Investing in gold has always been a lucrative scheme for Indians. And if your mother is fond of gold, then this idea can be great for a Mother’s Day gift, as you can buy her a personalized pendant. If she does not, then gift her a gold bar or a coin as a source of investment that she can use in the future. This would be an expensive gift, but it would also be an asset.
- Let your mother feel pampered through a spa or beauty session at home: With the advent of the internet, life has become easy to an extent. You can order food, clothes, services, etc. within a second. Earlier, going to the salon and spa was a headache as you had to call them up to book an appointment, and then you had to dedicate a day to visit the salon to avail the services. But now, you can call them to your home, thanks to service providers like Urbanclap, AtHomeDiva, HouseJoy, etc. So, gift your mother a day of rest from her busy schedule and let her feel pampered by booking her a regular grooming or a spa or a facial session at your home. While booking the services, you can avail some ongoing discounts and save money on it as well. Isn’t it a great idea for Mother’s Day gift? It could be quite affordable – mostly within Rs. 2000.
- Gift a book: Gift your mother some books if reading is her hobby. Find some of the best sellers in her favorite genre and surprise her with the collection. Books are priceless! They are also quite cheap. Alternatively, consider gifting her an eBook reader like the Amazon Kindle. It’ll save her the costs of purchasing books in the future.
- Plan a dinner date: When was the last time you took your mother out on a dinner? Can you recollect it? Well, if you and your Mom frequent eateries in town, then this idea might not be that unique for Mother’s Day. However, if you haven’t taken her out in the recent past, then this is something new and can turn out to be an outstanding plan. Take your mom to a restaurant that is famous for her favorite cuisine. Don’t forget to book a table before with a fancy arrangement. Check for attractive deals on apps like Zomato, DineOut and NearBuy. Your Mom would surely be extra happy if you were able to get her a cost-effective gift!
- Go for a movie: Is your mom a movie buff? If yes, what’s her favorite genre? Is it action, romance, horror or thriller? When you have an answer to these questions, then this unique gift on mother’s day will be perfect for your plan. Book the movie tickets through bookmyshow.com and take her on a movie date with you. Online ticket booking not only saves you from the hustle of standing in the ticketing queue but also offers you some amazing discount deals.
- Gift a personalized engraved frame: If any of the above awesome Mother’s Day ideas don’t work for you, then go for something customized. Gift your mother a personalized wooden frame with an engraved picture having an emotional line to compliment her. This gift may not be a unique one, but it’ll definitely be a keepsake – strong enough to melt her heart. A handful of websites offer such services nowadays.
- Buy a skin care kit: If your mother is obsessed with her skin care, then what else can be the best gift for her? You can check out a variety of skin care kits on Nykaa and Purplle as these sites can be trusted for the quality of their products and may offer you some discounts as well. Make sure to buy her some safe and paraben-free cosmetics.
- Gift your Mom a saree: Take your mother for shopping and buy her a traditional saree of her choice as this will be an asset that she can use on various auspicious occasions.
In a Nutshell
These are the top 10 Mother’s day gift ideas from mymoneykarma that you can surprise your mother with, to add one more memorable moment to her life. So, start planning for it now. Happy Gifting!